It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:36 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Greetings!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:43 pm 
Offline
I Glued My Fingers Together
I Glued My Fingers Together

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm
Posts: 46
Oh wow how did I miss this? I've already been a member for a couple of weeks and have a few WIP and finished project threads but I didn't post an introduction thread! XD
I must have forgotten, I blame my old age lol

Anyway my name is Seline, I'm #*~ years old (I'm definitely using the "never ask a girl her age" card on that one :p) and I'm from Essex in the UK (please don't hold it against me lmao).

I've only just recently got into making model cars, infact the few threads I have already posted are my very first model car kits so I'm a bit of a noob in that regard.
I do however have experience working on life size cars, mainly bodywork and painting, and I have restored several classic cars including my own daily driver.
So I'm using what I know working at 1/1 scale and applying that to 1/24 scale and it seems to be going ok so far.
I really love having a creative outlet to help keep me sane as life is pretty hard right now so making models is really helping to keep my pesky brain gremlins away and is proving to be quite relaxing and therapeutic so it's helping immensely ^-^.

I'm pretty obsessed with making Nissan Skylines right now (I love anything JDM), I desperately want a real one though....heh, a girl can dream. XD

I just love cars of all kinds so once I'm over my Skyline addiction I'll hopefully branch out and make something else.
I love old American muscle cars, some European/British classics, modern exotics, some hot hatches and of course RWD JDM icons.

Anyway... I'm pretty boring and awkward so I think that will do for an introduction XD.

Seline X


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
I Wore Out My Keyboard
I Wore Out My Keyboard

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 1396
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Welcome Seline. Enjoyed your WIPs so far, hope to see lots more!

As a fan of classic cars, I'm interested to know what your daily driver is

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
I Glued My Fingers Together
I Glued My Fingers Together

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm
Posts: 46
HGFake wrote:
Welcome Seline. Enjoyed your WIPs so far, hope to see lots more!

As a fan of classic cars, I'm interested to know what your daily driver is


I very foolishly daily a 1984 Ford Capri 2.0 S. XD
I'd love to make a 1/24 replica of her, but nobody seems to make a kit...not even diecast.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
I Wore Out My Keyboard
I Wore Out My Keyboard

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 1396
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Selines Models wrote:
I very foolishly daily a 1984 Ford Capri 2.0 S. XD
I'd love to make a 1/24 replica of her, but nobody seems to make a kit...not even diecast.


Nothing foolish about being cool 8)

This is about the closest you can get, but after having worked on a really old Revell Kit before, I wouldn't want to try it myself :shock: :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMT-Capri-II-Model-Kit-1-25/132769183332?hash=item1ee9a8f664:g:Ir4AAOSwA7dbjtKn

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
How Do I Post Pictures?
How Do I Post Pictures?
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm
Posts: 235
Hi Seline, and welcome.

_________________
PS sorry for my english


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
I Glued My Fingers Together
I Glued My Fingers Together

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm
Posts: 46
HGFake wrote:
Selines Models wrote:
I very foolishly daily a 1984 Ford Capri 2.0 S. XD
I'd love to make a 1/24 replica of her, but nobody seems to make a kit...not even diecast.


Nothing foolish about being cool 8)

This is about the closest you can get, but after having worked on a really old Revell Kit before, I wouldn't want to try it myself :shock: :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMT-Capri-II-Model-Kit-1-25/132769183332?hash=item1ee9a8f664:g:Ir4AAOSwA7dbjtKn


Ah the old US spec Capri. Yeah they didn't really catch on in the states because you already had the Mustang, which the Capri was just a smaller, less powerful alternative to the Mustang for the European market, as up until the newest model was released you couldn't buy Mustangs over here, unless you imported them yourself of course.
The Capri was designed to tap into that market, only designed to actually work on our smaller, narrower roads, which made perfect sense, but I'll never understand why they tried to sell them in the US lol.
Looks like a decent kit though, but ouch that shipping cost really puts an end to that Idea.
I'll try and find a photo of my baby and post it if you're interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
I Wore Out My Keyboard
I Wore Out My Keyboard

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 1396
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Selines Models wrote:
I'll try and find a photo of my baby and post it if you're interested.


There’s a thread for that in the general discussion section :bigthumb:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
I Glued My Fingers Together
I Glued My Fingers Together

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm
Posts: 46
HGFake wrote:
Selines Models wrote:
I'll try and find a photo of my baby and post it if you're interested.


There’s a thread for that in the general discussion section :bigthumb:



Sweet! Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group